Jaws 8, screamer radio and other

  • From: "Stefano Manzi" <st.manzi@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 10:35:52 +0200

How many among you, use this program by which it's possible through an Internet
connection to listen to a variety of worldwide radios?
With version 6 of jaws, moving the arow keys up and down the volume percentage
is correctly read. So that a blind user knows the exact volume level in that
moment.
This doesn't happen anymore with jaws 8, where - after setting the slider at a
certain percentage - you must press tab and then shift-tab so that jaws reads
the value.
Very comfortable, isn't it?
What about reassigning the class window in that position? Until today afternoon
I won't be able to try this tweak, since only at 16 I'll be back home, where
jaws 8 and screamer are installed.

My opinions?
Particularly referring to jaws, internet explorer, skype, microsoft office and
outlook express transforming into windows mail, is that these softwares' way of
working is becoming worse and worse. Office 2007 with its orizontal menus,
Internet Explorer 7 and future versions with multi-tabbed browser windows,
windows mail very inaccessible if writing an html mail, skype occupying more
and more CPU resources but at the same time imposing strong limits to
conference and holding/resuming a call.
Jaws 8, being an update of previous versions, is perhaps better for dynamic web
pages but for elementary cursor movements, sliders and list views reading,
seems to be turned back to version beta 0.1!

Greetings

Stefano

*****

Messenger contacts: