Jaws 8 is sluggish on new Dell laptop

  • From: "Troy Burnham" <homerun@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jfw" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 14:49:16 -0500

Hi All,
I've had a new Dell Inspiron 1520 laptop with Windows xp home for about 2
weeks now and when I try to type on it Jaws is very sluggish.  Someone told
me that I need to roll the sound driver back, that he's worked with people
who has had this problem and that's what fixed it for them, but when I
called fs today to try to get help doing this the support person tried to
get me to upgrade the driver instead of roll it back and I don't even know
if there are more updated drivers yet since this machine is so new.  Can
somebody help me try to diagnose this problem?

Thanks.
Troy