RE: Jaws 7 Pro Problem

  • From: "Pickrell, Rebecca M." <rebecca.pickrell@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 09:16:36 -0500

Could you have muted your sound?

-----Original Message-----
From: jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, November 13, 2005 6:59 AM
To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Jaws 7 Pro Problem

Hi folks,

  It's Vicki here again.

  I have a Jaws 7 Pro question I am hoping someone can help me with.

  I am using Windows XP home edition and was previously using JAWS 5.1 Standard.

  In the last couple of days I upgraded to JAWS 7 Pro as I was told that this
version would work with Windows XP Home Edition.

  When I installed it, I was asked to shut down the computer and restart it so
the necessary changes could be made.  I did this and installed Jaws with
sighted assistance.

  When the computer restarted it worked fine and Jaws spoke.

  I also set Jaws to start up immediately as soon as windows started up.

  Later, when I tried restarting the computer again, Jaws would not speak.  It
would start up automatically but would not speak.

  I checked to make sure that the speech wasn't set so that it didn't speak at
all and it was set to speak words so don't see a problem there.

  Just wondered, does anyone have any idea as to why it might not be working?

Regards,

Vicki

Email: lola1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx