Jaws 6.10.1002 not reading menus and dialog boxesin Windows XP professional

  • From: Pranav Lal <pranav.lal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jfw-freelists.org" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2005 12:18:42 +0530

Hi all,

I installed JFW 6.10.1002 dongle on a Acer Inspire 3000 laptop running
Windows XP professional all updates applied.

JFW is not reading the text in menus and dialog boxes. For example, the
basics menu item is not read in the jaws window. I went into the basics
dialogue box and jfw did not read any of the items when I tabbed among
them.

The same applied for all other dialogue boxes and menus in any application
I tried. Only top level start menu items were being read.

Jaws version 6.00.408 works fine.

System configuration
OS=5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
ram=256MB