Re: Jaws 6 not focusing on Word 2003 thesaurus

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 12:40:10 -0800

Hi Francis,

well, if they're trying to drive us crazy,they succeededin my case.  I've
experimented with this new thesaurus and decided that what's supposedly so
nifty about it is that the design allows them to offer a web of putatively
related links to other searches or services.  To which I say, good for them.
All I wanted was a thesaurus function like the old one, with words leading
to other words and nuances until I found what suited my needs of the moment.
Not some kind of mini Web portal or whatever this wicked thing is.  A friend
is coming by later in the week to install Word 2000 for me so I can stop
having to go to thesaurus.com.  I read through the help files for the
thesaurus function and couldn't figure out at all how to use it and activate
its controls or anything, and since there seem to be no instructions
anywhere for screen reader use, I don't need the hassle.

Thanks for your sympathy.  Maybe someday someone will write some
instructions for blind use of the feature, explaining much that's probably
immediately apparent to a sighted user about the function.  but until then,
no thanks.

Daniel
blind instructions when I needle w so that other