Jaws 6 and reading highlighted text

  • From: "Angel" <angel238@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 12:28:09 -0500

I downloaded and installed Jaws 6.  There is a new feature in jaws 6 allowing
one to skim read using the key strokes shift insert down arrow, or control
shift down arrow, or some such.  However, when I press control insert down
arrow to have the highlighted text spoken the highlighted text doesn't speak.
Why is this I ask.  I am running windows 98 second edition. Any assistance with
this will be most appreciated.