Re: Jaws 6 & Braille display issue

  • From: "Sean McMahon" <smcmahon@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 12:22:46 -0700

If you have the default settings, braille autodetection is on.  Well, disreguard
obviously or it wouldn't work.  Do you have anything else you can plug into your
paralel port to see how it is opperating?  I notice no delay with a usb
connection.  The only time I ever noticed a delay with braille was in a windows
pro environment.  I didn't have permission to access something, but when I
briefly had administrative writes, that went away.  That shouldn't be your
problem.  Makesure you don't have some other kind of security system reeking
havic with permissions.  Did you call alva tech support?  Everything FS tells me
is that "we just provide drivers, we don't change anything".  The only delay I
notice is when the display has to show a flash message, a brief message about
the cursor changing, jaws refreshing the screen, that sort of thing.  The
default delay for this is approximately 5 seconds.  You can set this value or
turn the feature off.  The flash messages are showing things that speech only
announced.