Jaws 5.0 losing focus in WinXP

  • From: Russell Solowoniuk <rsolowoniuk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 11:11:56 -0700

Hi all,

I am finding that Jaws 5.0 continually loses focus in WinXP, both the Home
and Pro versions.  For example, if I'm in Windows Explorer and move from
file to file, Jaws at some point will stop reading the name of the file I
move to.  If I press insert up arrow, Jaws will just say "Blank".  Also,
when Alt tabbing between open programs, many times Jaws will not read the
programs I am cycling through.  The only way to find out which program I am
on is to let go of the Alt key and often I'm not in the program I wish to
be.  Has anyone else found this?  Has anyone found a solution?  I've done
all the necessary steps to make Jaws work with WinXP as suggested by FS.
I've also tried changing screen resolution, colors, and updating my video
drivers.  I'm using a Matrox Millenium G200 video card at home and an Nvidia
TNT2 at work.  Thanks in advance for any help.

Russell