RE: Jaws 12 and office 2010

  • From: "Cy Selfridge" <cyselfridge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 15:52:13 -0700

John,

You must be bringing XP documents over to the 2010 Word.

I wold strongly recommend that you save your documents in "97-2003" format
that way you can send your documents back to XP machines. (I presume you
have Office 2003 on the XP or Vista computer.

Be very careful when running down through the possible file types in

Word 2007 and/or Word 2010 because there is a "97/2003" format and a
"97/2003 Template"

Cy, The Anasazi

From: "john R. Vaughn" <jrvaughn44@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 09:00:10 -0500

List, I am about to upgrade my office 2003 student to either Office 2007 or

Office 2010 Home and Office.

I suspect the correct long term decision is to get the new Office 2010 home

and office as it is obtainable of a cost of around $200.

But I am not of the mind set to have to struggle with office 2010 if there

are still a lot of bugs using it with either Jaws 12 or jaws 11 as I have

them both on the computer running windows 7.

I would appreciate any thoughts, comments or experiences as others may be in

a similar situation over possible upgrading.

john in sunny florida