Jaws 11

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 12:17:25 +0100

Dear list, I decided to download Jaws 11 last night having an SMa on Desktop, leaving
this laptop until I had seen outcome. The download seemed to go normally
but was long, heard the ticktock of Jaws at near end let it go off and
reload, it came on music then Jaws voice  saying usual and Lunar not
checked. Then it all vanished reloaded again but No sound just print on
screen it wouldnot respond to keyboard or mouse and just stays like that so
I push off at button on tower and reload same thing happens, I have fiddled
with wires and connections of which are many for scanner printerand speakers
router and spent hours  fiddling. Did this happen to any of you?
I have  phoned a small company and the young man who knows my pc best is now
at University all day and the boss is out all day but  his wife says will
call tonight. sorry for the long story but I  once had something odd happen
with the screen vanishing and reloading if I tried to check the resolution
in Jaws, that was it seems a B.Sod, which I am told is "Blue screen of
Death, I wonder if similar. I have xp home  Lunar 6 was updating from Jfw
10. I think having spent half the night trying I give up on it but only hope
same did not happen to any of you. one last thing the issue with it
happening before was found to be a interceptor problem between Lunar and
Jaws I think the interceptor lets 1 bitof software hear another. I have no
technical knowledge have a little residual sight  I can see screen but not
read print. Dorothy