Re: Jaws 10.0: How do I get JAWS to bypass a key permenantly

  • From: Hal Pearson <hspearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2010 21:04:33 -0500

A suggestion. In the body of your script, insert the line:
Perform script
PerformScript SayNextLine()
and if you want to move up a line, insert the following:
PerformScript SayPriorLine()

good luck; hope this is of some help.

On 2/8/2010 6:51 PM, Zhi Huang wrote:
Hello Tom,
I am trying to get JAWS to let another program use the arrow keys and is not trying to change anything in default. Unfortunately, I haven't had any luck so far. I did try your method of putting a ; in front of down arrow in the file for the program but all that does was undo what I did which was set the down arrow to pass key through and then try and get it to press down arrow after the pass key. Before, I could at least press down arrow twice to be able to use down arrow, but all putting a ; did was give no reaction when pressing down arrow. I'm guessing that the a ; stopped the down arrow from doing what I set it to do in the game, but when I used that, it goes back to using the default settings which interrupts the program from using it. Hope that makes sense and would appreciate any other suggestions you or anyone else might have.
Zhi Huang

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bissett, Tom" <tom.bissett@xxxxxxx>