Re: Java and Windows XP OS

  • From: "Chris Hallsworth" <christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 01:37:47 +0100

Marie, I have never heard such statements to say that Java will help you type
faster and/or send and receive e-mails. The idea of Java is to run special
programmes, called Java appletts, on your computer. Some programmes you get off
the internet are written in Java, so Java is required there. Hope that helps,
and, by the way, if you do not plan to use Java for your computing needs it is
safe to remove it.
Chris Hallsworth
BrailleNote mPower user
Website: www.chrishallsworth.co.nr