Re: [JFWlite] lap tops and Jaws.

  • From: "Debbie Scales" <debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 10:09:37 -0500

David asked:
If anyone has the time to check, I wonder how old these are.  they were
pretty old last time I looked.

Date Posted: 03/11/2003
Nvidia Quadro series and Nvidia mobile video cards are not compatible with
JAWS: Video Intercept Errors.
(
http://www.freedomscientific.com/fs_support/BulletinView.cfm?QC=401).
Date Posted: 03/11/2003
ATI Video cards and instability with JAWS.
(
http://www.freedomscientific.com/fs_support/BulletinView.cfm?QC=400).

Older issues with JAWS and specific video cards.
Date Posted: 06/24/2003
Does JAWS work with my video card?
http://www.freedomscientific.com/fs_support/BulletinView.cfm?QC=494
      Details of Selected Bulletin
      Bulletin Type: FAQ
      Date Posted: 06/24/2003

      Product Name: JAWS for Windows

      Version: Any

      Category: Video Cards

      Question:
      Does JAWS work with my video card?

      Answer:
      We have found that JAWS works with the majority of video cards and
chipsets on the market. However, it is impossible for Freedom Scientific to
systematically evaluate every video card, chipset, and driver produced each
year. We attempt to acquire and test the most popular video cards, those
with a large market share, and video cards commonly found in new OEM
systems.

      Freedom Scientific performs extensive testing with many video cards
prior to each release. We assume untested video cards will work with JAWS
unless informed otherwise by beta testers, dealers, or Freedom Scientific
Technical Support.

      The video cards listed below have compatibility issues with JAWS. All
other video cards either work with JAWS or have not been tested in the
Freedom Scientific test labs.