re: JFW-friendly backup systems.

  • From: "Alan Clendinen" <alanclendinen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 04:59:59 -0500

Barry,

After doing some research in preparation for making my requests to Santa, I believe a Maxtor one-touch USB external hard drive would be a good choice for doing backups.

These drives feature a one-button backup process which may suit your needs, but I have heard that the software is not entirely JAWS friendly, so you may need sighted assistance when configuring it.

There is a very JAWS friendly back up program called "Casper." It creates a
bootable backup of your complete hard drive.  Casper is Designed exclusively
for Windows XP, Casper XP makes it a snap to create and maintain a fully
bootable backup of your Windows XP hard disk.
http://www.fssdev.com/
Future Systems Solutions is the company that markets Casper.  They also make
a program for Windows 98.

Alan

Barry wrote:
Hi folks, I'm just coming into the 20th century and thought that I should start seriously backing up my PC contents and, from what I can gather, an external
USB hard-drive looks like a good bet.
Does anyone know whether the backup software that they come with is JFW accessible - any recommendations for makes with known JFW friendly software?

All the best,

Barry G