JFW usage wit regards to DSL or a cable modem

  • From: acarthon@xxxxxxxx
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 20:28:15 -0600

Hi list,
I have a few questions about the aforementioned services. (DSL or a cable
modem)
Which would you recommend for use with JAWS or does it make a difference?

I am getting pretty tired of this 56-K modem. However, I want something
that will work pretty efficiently with JAWS and won't put too much stress
on my computer.
I am thinking about signing up with Bellsouth. They have been advertising
their $24.95 per month deal for DSL service. Is this pretty reasonable?
Also, are the modems pretty easy to set up if I want to do it myself?
What about a cable modem? my household is currently signed up with Time
Warner, which is now owned by Comcast I believe.
What I want to know is the advantages and disadvantages of each service.
I will list my system properties for my laptop below. I also have a
docking station.

System Properties
Microsoft Windows XP
Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 2
Manufactured and supported by: HP
              Intel(R)
Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz
3.19 GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM

Thanks and I hope to hear from you all soon!

Happy New Year!
AC