Re: JFW on a virtual computer

  • From: Chris Hallsworth <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2009 20:41:07 +0000

You may like to join my list on virtualization, blind virtual machines. Send a blank message to b-v-m-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Chris hallsworth
e-mail: christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
MSN: ch9675@xxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: chrishallsworth7266

On 25/12/2009 17:35, Soronel Haetir wrote:
A virtual computer is a fake system created by running software that
emulates the properties of physical hardware.

One reason for doing this is ease of deployment, software can be made
to think it is running on numerous identical machines (the virtual
sessions) even though the underlying hardware may have been purchased
at many different times.  Another reason such software is used is to
run software for operating systems other than what the host is, this
is how various software packages for apple macs run windows programs.

Given that sound works in such systems I see no reason that jfw
wouldn't, with the usual caveats about emulation being resource
intensive.

On 12/25/09, David Weddle<ddweddle@xxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
OK.  Time for me to play dumb again.  What is a virtual computer?

Take care...
Dave