Re: JFW on a thumb drive

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 08:56:59 -0700

Well explained, Bruce.  But in the course of this discussion, I've become
painfully aware that this is evidence of an accessibility problem yet to be
addressed and overcome, and it makes me sad and frustrated.  If only there
were some simple method of allowing us Jaws and other screen reader types to
temporarily use Jaws on other computers without either incurring additional
charges to ourselves nor ripping off Freedom Scientific in any way, that
would be truly desirable.  I can barely express how important and enabling
something like this would be.  I can only wish that someone will find a way
to make this all cohere and open up the world to us screen reader people
just that much more.  How cool it would be to be able to visit someone and
be able to use their computer, just by plugging in a little device that
would leave no trace once disconnected.

Darn, as they say in some quarters, these days.