Re: JFW and a friendly MP3 player

  • From: Keith Gillard <kgillard@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2005 17:41:57 -0600

Hi,

Most flash memory or hard drive based MP3 players interface with your PC via the USB port. They show up under my computer as an additional drive letter. Example: "removable disk G"

You can drag and drop files and/or folders directly from your PC on to the storage media of your player. this poses no accessibility issues with jaws. You should go and check some players out at your local store so you can find out which one would work better for you from a usability prospective.

You can get diskman type players that will play MP3 files burnt on to a CDR or CDRW. be careful to choose a player that supports the disk you choose. Example: Some players will play MP3's on CDR but not CDRW. If you find one that supports CDRW's then you could reuse the same disk over & over.

It all depends on what format your audio book is. If you want to play Audible files you should go and get an MP3 player that supports .aa files. Otherwise you will need to burn them to disks as standard audio files which can take a long time and use a ton of blanks.

HTH...Keith

.----- Original Message ----- From: "AB7HW Dick Lee Chrisman" <ab7hw@xxxxxxx>