Re: JFW and Windows Media Player 11

  • From: "G.W. Cox" <gwcox2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 10:52:52 -0700

To rip a CD, start it in the relevant drive and press S for stop. Tab
untill you find the rip button which you will press. Tab some more until
you get to "library", which will be the name of the CD. Tab once and it
will talk about the tracks. After the rip starts, this is where you can
see the progress of each track. Tab again to a "start rip" button.

If it doesn't happen, try hitting enter on the title. I usually use
space bar on these buttons, and I've learned in other programs that it
can make a difference.

From: Ray Campbell ray.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 16:29:13 -0600
To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: JFW and Windows Media Player 11

Hello All:

Has anyone had success using JAWS Version 7.1 and Windows Media Player
Version 11 to rip and burn CDs?  If so, how did you do it?  I'm looking
at WMP 11 for a client and the help menu talks about a burn tab and a
rip tab.  Are there any JAWS scripts for WMP 11?  Where would I find
these rip and burn tabs?

Thanks,

Ray Campbell, Help Desk Technician
Adaptive Technology Center
Chicago Lighthouse for People Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired 1850 W.
Roosevelt Road Chicago, IL  60608
312-997-3651 (Voice/Relay) or
888-825-0080 (voice/Relay)
ray.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx