Re: JFW and Windows Mail

  • From: Chris <christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ray Campbell <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 18:43:29 +0100

Hi, I have this very same issue with Windows Mail and JAWS 9, even though I'm
using Vista Home Premium SP1. I guess it's a flaw in the MSAA code for the list
view. Sorry I can't be of any help, but I can recommend an alternative e-mail
client if you want to go down that route.

--
Chris
Please visit my blog at http://chrishallsworth.wordpress.com

You wrote:

Hello All:

I've noticed a problem with JFW and Windows Mail on a Vista machine.
I've got JAWS Version 8 running.  When I go into Windows Mail, in the
inbox, hit alt-T to get to the tools menu, then hit a to get to
accounts, I can't use my arrow keys to move between the various types of
accounts I have -- active directory, news, mail, ETC, even though JAWS
says they are displayed in a list view.  I was helping a client this
morning as she needed to get in and change her pop and smtp server
values for an account.  I had to show her how to use the JAWS cursor to
locate and highlight her e-mail account.  Then, she could turn PC cursor
on and tab to properties and go in and make the changes she needs to
make.

I'm just wondering if others have seen this and what you have done to
get around it.  The only way I know other than using the JAWS cursor to
handle this is to make sure you know the first letter of your mail
account name and type it when asked for the account you want.

Thanks, and I hope this issue is or will be fixed.

Ray Campbell, Help Desk Technician
Adaptive Technology Center
Chicago Lighthouse for People Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
1850 W. Roosevelt Road
Chicago, IL  60608
312-997-3651 (Voice/Relay) or
888-825-0080 (voice/Relay)