Re: JFW and Windows 98 laptop

  • From: "Sean M McMahon" <smcmahon@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 10:27:34 -0700

There is no reason not to use jaws 5.0 on that machine.  Being a laptop I
suppose you can't upgrade the ram which is in a way to bad but 128 is
plenty to run win98.  I just say it's to bad because the more ram, the
better windows runns.  I wouldn't really recommend upgrading operating
systems because machines tend to work best with the version of windows
they came with. However, if you did decide later to upgrade later to
winxp, it will run fine.