Re: JFW and Skype Question

  • From: Doug Lee <dgl@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 16:20:36 -0400

This should not occur using modern JAWS, Skype, and Skype script
versions.  What JAWS and Skype version is being used here, and what
script version?  JAWSKey+Q should announce the latter.  If ScreenEcho
is set to Highlighted, not All, the Call Durations should not repeat
themselves.  If they still do, I recommend going to
http://www.dlee.org/skype for up-to-date scripts if necessary, then
recompiling the scripts (the installer should automatically do this).
If this does not help or has already been done, check for non-standard
wallpaper, background, color, etc., settings in Windows and in Skype
itself.  If this doesn't help, look for default custom highlight
colors in JAWS that may have been set accidentally or otherwise but
that might activate in a Skype call window.  Beyond this, we get into
video card issues and such.

Btw, I remember you from Bell Labs in 1987!

On Tue, Apr 03, 2007 at 02:25:55PM -0500, Ray Campbell wrote:
Hi All:

I have a client that uses JAWS, also uses Skype and has installed the
JAWS scripts for it.  She gets a call duration message every few seconds
when she is on a Skype call, and finds it annoying.  She'd like to
figure out how to turn it off.  I looked under tools->options and could
not find a setting that would turn this notification off.  Anyone know
where she needs to go to turn this thing off?

Thanks,

Ray Campbell, Help Desk Technician
Adaptive Technology Center
Chicago Lighthouse for People Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
1850 W. Roosevelt Road
Chicago, IL  60608
312-997-3651 (Voice/Relay) or
888-825-0080 (voice/Relay)