JFW and Nero 6

  • From: "Mary Otten" <maryotten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 12:26:14 -0600

Hi folks,
I was just reading up on Nero suite version 6. They are touting their Nero
smart center as a new addition to the program, which is kind of like a central
launch point for the various programs included in the suite. I am
very familiar with the inaccessible cd creator launch platform, which was
completely graphical and worthless, as far as I could see. I'm wondering about
this one from Nero and also wondering about the usability of the
many applications in the suite, beyond the basic cd burning capabilities. I'm
particularly interested in the back up utility, but if people have experience
with other parts  of the suite, I'd be interested in experiences there
too. I'm just wondering if its worth it, from a JFW point of view, to go for
the suite, or if I should just spend the 6 bucks and get the oem version of cd
express. If the rest of the stuff's not accessible, it will be money
wasted, like what happened with the retail version of cd creator I purchased a
while back, only to find that the app for recording analog sources to cd was
not accessible.
Mary