JFW and Call Centers

  • From: "Gene" <gwilson@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 12:55:29 -0700

Hello List:

I recently learned of a person who was interested in being hired by a "call
center".  This particular center worked with several companies.  I was told
that each company had to have JAWS installed in order for this person  to
work at the call center.  I keep thinking about this situation and don't
quite understand why the companies need to install JAWS when the screen
reader would be on the system this person would be using.  What am I not
understanding here?

If the information is positive, I'd like to pass it on to the individual's
counselor.  Or, at least, further my own understanding.