Re: JFW and Anapod Explorer.

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 16:36:58 -0500

hi
Bryan's scripts have already been released, but those are for iTunes 4.9. As for Anapod explorer, it's reasonably accessible, however it does have a slight focus issue when you get to the iPod shuffle memory section of the explorer program. To get to the list of tracks or the area where you want to transfer your files, you must first route your pc cursor to your JAWS cursor so the area will gain focus. This could most likely be fixed with some kind of script, but for now it works fine. To me, this is a *much* more economical program to use because you would only be paying $30 to buy it, whereas Bryan Hartgen's iTunes scripts cost 30 English pounds, which would be about 60 or 70 dollars US. Certainly more than I'm personally willing to pay for a set of scripts. If I'm gonna pay *that* much for scripts, those things better scratch my back, do my dishes and change the channels on my remote for me as well, and that ain't happenin'!
But basically, Anapod Explorer is a very nice little program, and the interface is very much like that f Windows explorer. In fact, it *is* windows explorer, because it just uses that as a means of transfering your files which is much easier. So if you know windows explorer, then you also know Anapod.

The program as I said costs $30 and can be located at
http://www.redchairsoftware.com
You can download a demo of the program as well, but it only allows you to transfer one file at once, you can not transfer complete folders full of files. The fully registered version will let you transfer a whole bunch of files all at once.

At 06:20 PM 8/16/2005, you wrote:

I would like to know how accessible JFW is with a program called Anapod Explorer. It's a program that works with your I-Pod to put songs on it. Also, does anyone know when Bryan Hartgen's scripts will be released?