JFW + Word 2003

  • From: "Gene" <gwilson@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 18:42:56 -0700

I have a generic employment application that I downloaded from a Department
of Labor website.  It is in Word but in rich text format rather than
document format.
In order to fill out the form, I do the following:

1.  Find the field title and  right arrow until I hear JAWS say "blank".
2.  Press Shift+F10 to open the "context menu".
3.  Press "R" to open the "properties" or text form "field options" dialog.

The focus defaults to "default text" where I can type in the necessary
information.  I have discovered that this method is not foolproof.
Sometimes I am outside the box into which the information is to be entered.
Is there a way one can be assured they are in the right place before doing
any editing?

I am using JAWS 9..

Thanks in advance.