Re: JFW 9 with Outlook 2002

  • From: "Dennis Brown" <DennisTBrown@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 15:53:33 -0500

Hi Jack,
That FS tech weenie was wrong.
Outlook 2002 works fine with Jaws 9.0.
The only difference between Jaws 8 and Jaws 9 with the Outlook application is
that I split the 2002 and 2003 script sets into their own individual script
sets, and refactored the 2003 Calendar support to use the new Calendar support
I wrote for 2007, since it allowed more reliable Outlook object access, rather
than elusive screen data.
So in Jaws 8, the Outlook script set is Microsoft Outlook XP-2003, and in Jaws
9, it is Microsoft Outlook XP and Microsoft Outlook 2003 separate script sets.
I also, of course, made the necessary entry changes in configNames.ini to point
to the relevant script set.
In short, the Jaws 8 Microsoft Outlook XP-2003 script set, and the Jaws 9
Microsoft Outlook XP script set are one in the same--just different names.
One thing you might want to consider is if you did an update, as opposed to a
full install, and you edited your Jaws 8 ConfigNames.ini file at some point,
then the Jaws 9 ConfigName.ini file never got installed, so your
ConfigNames.ini is still pointing at the old script set, and the old scripts
got removed within the upgrade process.
Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Dennis Brown