Re: JFW 9 Beta Memory Issues

  • From: Agent86b <agent_086b@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2007 09:53:49 +1000

Brian,
I am using Win XP and do not see this problem either. However I will
keep checking from time to time.
Max.

on 09:47 7/10/2007, Brian Hansen said:
Not too techie at all.  I wonder if since you're using Vista at this
point, if it isn't a XP issue since you're not seeing the growth changing.

Blessings,

Brian

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joseph Lee" <joseph.lee22590@xxxxxxxxx>
From: "Brian Hansen" <bc.hansen23@xxxxxxxxx
To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 16:20:06 -0500
Subject: JFW 9 Beta Memory Issues

Please forgive me if this has been recently
discussed, but I just now got back on the list.

Have any of you noticed that even when the
screen isn't changing, JFW 9 Beta is continuing to grow in
memory?  If you go into the "Task Manager" using CTRL-ALT-DEL, and
go to the "Services" tab, hit the letter "j" until you get to JFW,
you'll get the amount of memory JFW is currently using.  Now if you
hit F5 to refresh your screen you'll find that the amount of memory
is continuing to grow.  The amount that it increases seems to be
relevant to the amount of time you let pass before hitting the
Refresh command.  If nothing but the memory usage is changing on
the screen, why is it growing in such chunks, and why is the amount
of time one waits effecting the size of the memory growth?

Blessings,

Brian

If you have any concerns about the list, post received from the
list, or the way the list is being run, do not post them to the
list. Rather contact the list owner at jfw-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx