RE: JFW 8 & Map Sites

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 13:59:23 -0400

Actually it is; it's the start of what Honda calls an "eyes free"
technology movement.  They predict everything we use will eventually
have an entirely verbal control option, in order not to distract the
user from something else, and to make it easier.  The Honda engineer
interviewed said it was just to easy to make a visual interface
complicated, while a voice-only one *had* to be made simple in order to
work well.

Chip

Chip Orange
Database Administrator