JFW 7.10 is a CPU hog.

  • From: James Homuth <james@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 01:57:23 -0400

Anyone who used JFW 3.5 or there abouts will know what I mean about JFW running for a while, then suddenly either slowing down, or stalling altogether. Well, after playing extensively with 7.10 for the first time since installing it, I found the same problem there as in 3.5. It's most noticeable when switching between applications. If JAWS is running for too long, I figure perhaps an hour or more, it starts to take progressively longer to accomplish tasks like switching between programs. The problem is usually resolved by stopping and restarting JAWS, but the solution is only temporary as it happens again after the same length of time. I believe when it was fixed the first time, it was established that it was a result of a memory leak. Well, it looks like we've sprung another one.

James,
List Admin