JFW 6.0 and Word (in XP)

  • From: "Jen and Mr. President Nixon" <guidedogs4ever2002@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 18:45:00 -0700

Good day everyone,

I need some assistance from anyone who may be able to help with a stumbling
question that has been bugging me since this afternoon after looking over my
client (who I teach JAWS to) strange issue.

She is running an IBM laptop with Windows XP and Microsoft Works/Office
(XP).  The situation is with MS Word.  I've tested with another word
processing document (Wordpad).  Whenever she tries to edit her documents in
Word, either control + left/right arrow, or reading word for word
(left/right arrow), it reads the letters blank.  It doesn't read the line
blank when reading line by line (up/down arrow).    Does anyone have an idea
what causes JAWS *NOT* read the word via letter by letter or word by word?
I am still scratching my head over this one!

Thanks for your assistance, if you require more information, don't hesitate
to ask me <grin>
Jen and Nixon
guidedogs4ever2002@xxxxxxxxx
If you are interested in a guide dog related or christian related email
list, contact me!