JFW 5.00.844 Says Space in Word 2000

  • From: "Margaret Thomas" <iluvtoread@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "jfw" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 20:15:42 -0400

Hi All,

    JAWS 5.00.844 is doing a better job in Word 2000 here than the
previous release of 5.0 that I had been using, but I still seem to
have at least one very annoying problem which is that when reading
character by character word by word, or line by line, when writing a
document or proofreading, JFW says "space" instead of "blank" when it
encounters a blank line.

    JAWS announced this correctly in all the previous versions I've
used since 3.3x or thereabouts.  I'm behind in my caffeine consumption
and can't remember my original version at the moment.

    I'm running Windows 98 se and the GW Micro version of DECtalk
Access 32, but Eloquence says the same thing.  I've been using
5.00.844 since June and the problem hasn't gone away.

    I'd be grateful if someone can suggest a setting I could change to
fix this problem, or could let me know if it is a known bug that I've
missed hearing about, or if it's one for tech support at FS.

    Thank you,
Margaret
iluvtoread@xxxxxxx