JFW 5.00.809 Saying Menu in I$E6

  • From: "Margaret Thomas" <iluvtoread@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "jfw" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 05:26:09 -0400

Hi All,

    I've been having some problems with JAWS 4.51 and have been trying
to use JAWS 5.00.809 to become familiar with all the new features
before FS comes out with a new version.

    I've been experiencing a number of problems with 5.00.809, but I
hope one problem may be readily fixable.

    When I'm in IE 6 and hit alt to go to the menu, JAWS says menu
file and it says menu when I hit alt-a for example and often repeats
the first item such as "menu favorites add to favorites".

    Is there some way of getting JAWS 5.00.809 to stop saying menu?
It doesn't do it in OE.

    I'm running Windows 98 se with the GW Micro version of DECtalk
Access 32 and my verbosity options are set for advanced.

    I've previously repaired both IE and JAWS 5.00.809 and it didn't
solve the problem.

    Thanks,
Margaret
iluvtoread@xxxxxxx