JFW 5.0 Reading Strange Logon Message

  • From: "KANE BROLIN" <k.brolin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 11:13:56 -0500

Hi, folks:
My main project this summer has been the restoration of an old PC, now running
Windows Millennium Edition, that has acted a bit cranky and troublesome on
several occasions in respect to drivers and hardware connectivity.

Although things seem to be going all right at the moment, when I first boot
into Windows, JFW sometimes reads a phrase that sounds like "C Detect PNP."
This strange phrase appears when I invoke the title line with Alt+T, but only
blank lines are cited when I try to get details through the JAWS cursor.
Nothing out of the ordinary appears in System Tray.  The desktop will not
appear when this window is displayed.

I can always lose this "C Detect PNP" by hitting Alt+F4, and nothing seems to
have been damaged in the rest of the software.  But what does this phrase mean?
 Is Windows trying to identify a piece of hardware it cannot recognize?  Is JFW
experiencing its own error?  Where can I get details?

Thanks,

-Kane