JFW 4.02 and wireless internet cards

  • From: Jeanie Vejil <proud2have-tsedog@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 09:06:34 -0600

Good morning list members.

I have a Dell Laptop computer which I'm running windows 98 SE and JFW 4.02 on. I am also using a Belkin Wireless Card on the laptop.

Whenever the computer is used with a modem other than my SBC DSL modem, I have to call my computer technician to reenter the code on the bottom of my DSL modem so I can use my laptop. The area where the code needs to be entered on my laptop is totally graphical and I am unable to do this myself since there is no speech in that area, only graphics.

Does anyone have experience with another brand of wireless card for a laptop which isn't graphical and that I would be able to enter the code from the under side of my DSL modem on my own?

I have heard of D-Link, but don't know if it also has a graphical area where this number would be entered. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Everyone have a nice Thanksgiving.

Jeanie Vejil