Re: JFW 12 Windows 7, and the persistent loss of cursor focus to "Unpin this program to Taskbar" menu

  • From: "Rik James" <Ohio1803@xxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 15:28:10 -0700

Thanks, Charles. This machine has had JAWS 12 installed as its first ever screen reader. But a good idea, too, and I'll try to remember for the future.

And thanks Peter. I do want to try swapping out the mouse and keyboard and see if that will make a change.

Right now I do not have any wired ones handy, at least not that I can seem to lay my hands on. But this is indeed my thinking, too.

Although, at present, I am still good with how it was when left off in my earlier post. The "pin the tail on the donkey" menu has not popped up yet. This has not yet recurred since I took OFF the Access Keys in JAWS basic options. But I suspect that cannot be a long term solution. What types of things do the Access Keys affect, really? I do not notice any discernible change in my menus talking or anything yet anyhow.

Have any of you ever dealt at all with this "pin the program to the taskbar" thing at all? Was it new in Windows 7, or did it come on in Vista? I never had Vista, having only had XP Pro prior to this Windows 7 machine. I really do not understand what it really even is. Is that just like what used to be called the Quick Launch that was between the Start button and the Taskbar?

Thanks.
Rik