RE: JFW 12

  • From: "Christopher Bartlett" <themusicalbrewer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2010 14:36:58 -0700

Re: the ribbon, I would recommend using the virtual ribbon to familiarize
yourself with where something can be found in the real ribbon structure.
While the presentation is different, the structure is, I believe, exactly
analogous.  Once you have learned where to find something, switch back to
the native ribbon, go find it again and listen for the access keys to
memorize.  This leverages the ease of use of the virtual ribbon with the
access keys of the normal ribbon.  It's a less-than-ideal solution, but
until FS figures out how to put the access keys into their virtual ribbon,
it's the best way I can think of to learn the keyboard shortcuts.

        Christopher Bartlett