Re: JFW 10x and Vista settings

  • From: "Ray Foret jr" <rforetjr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 19:05:47 -0500

Nope.  Just use the recommendations given by SF and you should be just fine;
with, I just remembered, one critically important exception.  In windows
Mail, you'll need to customize your contacts folder from the contacts
template to the all items setting.  The reason for this is the fact that
there's a bug in the contact template which prevents you from arrowing up
and down through your contacts list.  In fact, it crashes when ever you try
to navigate this list.  To stop that from happening, do the follwoing:

1.  Open Windows Mail in the usual way.

2.  Now, press control+shift+c to open your contact list.

3.  Now, (very important point here) without pressing any arrow keys at all
to select anything, press alt+v to access the view menu.

4.  Arrow up to "customize this folder" and press enter on it.

5.  Next, arrow up until you get to "all items".  press enter on this.

HTH.

Sincerely,
The Constantly BAREFOOTED Ray

"Old friend, what are you looking for?  After those many years abroad you
come With images you tended Under foreign skies Far away from your own land"
George Seferis

Phone or Fax::
+1 (985) 360-3614
Cell: