Re: JAWS--good product--potential problem

  • From: "Roy Nickelson" <roylee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 23:17:56 -0500

say all skips blank lines.
Roy

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tusing" <ptusing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, December 19, 2003 8:51 PM
Subject: JAWS--good product--potential problem

Greetings,
Although I do appreciate the effort behind and the great value of using
JAWS:
I  am  hearing from a growing--but  not scientific-polled group of  people
who
are reporting problems.
Their  issue which I do not wish to become my  issue  or  your issue is due
to stress or repeat motion strain on the hands due to the  increased number
of  keystrokes we get to  use as years  go by.
Being fair, we do  have Internet  keystrokes which work to a certain
extent:  however, the inability to "remove" totally blank  lines from the
web page reading experience has  such  people abandoning 5.
Very few people keyboard constantly as we screen reader users  do as our
software is keyboard driven and the  increased risk of carpel tunnel
syndrome is always there.
Why can't F S give us a toggle for "lessening" the  number of  totally blank
lines since the Internet keystrokes although O K--certainly are not 100%.
Why can't we "choose"   to turn  "off"   totally blank lines  on some  or
all web sites?
After all,  if JAWS can encounter text then one can surely program to locate
(and  hopefully) remove totally blank lines.
Repeat use damage can ruin a career.
Thank you.