Re: JAWS--good product--potential problem

  • From: "Dale Leavens" <dleavens@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 14:26:14 -0500

This can be true, I find too that stopping speech does not necessarily lave
you where you think it is, generally Jaws is a few lines behind what is
being read. Sometimes I also go to line-by-line because it is faster
skipping over lengthy URLs as in reading down a list of Google results.

It should also be remembered though that sighted people have repetitive
strain syndrome from mousing, many of which functions could be more
effectively and physically more efficiently using keystroke alternatives. It
might well be that keyboard and Jaws users are, in fact healthier than mouse
users. There is a useful research project. Wonder if there is a government
grant in that? Now wouldn't that be something, just imagine the headlines.

"Blind persons more cost efficient to employ due to reduced work related
injury costs." In addition it is noted that they also result in reduced
photocopy costs, reduced electrical consumption and monitors last for ever!
<GRIN>

Dale Leavens, Cochrane Ontario
dleavens@xxxxxxx
     Home of the Polar Bear Express!