RE: JAWS with phone dialer

  • From: "Alan Safier" <a.safier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 08:47:32 -0500

Hello,

I tried to install Express Talk yesterday.  It was a disaster.

I install the software and after the installation the software called a
number.  I believe it was their Technical Support.  It continued to play
musid and on occasion it would inform me that they would be answering my
call.  Needless to say, I could not hang up this call.  I did every thing.
Powered off my computer,router and everything in my office for two hours.
Sure enough, when I powered everything back on, I was still connected to
this phone line.  I finally performed a recovery of my operating system fron
one day ago.  This was the only thing that fixed this issue.  Yes, I did
deinstall everything that sounded like it was this software.

Your thoughts,

Alan