RE: JAWS with a VPN?

  • From: "Pat L" <PatWJL@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 17:13:37 -0600

Ann,

If you can set up a VPN from your local computer, you should have no
problem. For example in my situation I log on to the corporate network using
the normal UserID/Password/Domain dialog. Once the connection is established
I can then log on to my office workstation using the Remote Desktop client
in Windows. However you have to have the Remote Desktop option enabled in
your local Jaws installation. You also have to have Jaws installed on your
workstation (or any server you want to access) at the office; note however
that you do not need a separate license for the work-side installation; eben
a demo copy of Jaws will work since in the typical installation, Jaws gets
its permissioning from the client-side of the connection. There's a lot of
info in the Jaws help file.

HTH,
Pat