JAWS with Magic; computer lock ups?

  • From: <ptusing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 10:56:21 -0500

Hi, all,
This question relates to a  discussion with a friend who told me  he often
experienced crashes with  X P andthat X P is not crash free although with
many fewer lock ups than with earlier operating systems.

Well, using JAWS and Magic (latest versions), the computer can freeze when
reading at  the lower left corner or the far right lower corner ofthe page.

If there are any beta testers of the newJAWS and if any of you useMagic,
could you test this?

I guess I am curious to  learn "what is a expected frequency of lock ups
using  X P"?

Prior to Magic for me it was once in  6 weeks.
With MAGIc,  lock ups happen    once every 8 days when usingJAWS.

I could never get Zoomtext and JAWS to work together well at all and MAGIC
with any issues works better.

My guess is that these  lock ups  don't happen for most as reading financial
tables tends to take one to the  far left side ofthe document which is
problematic for MaGIC.

Otherwise, I  haven't heard much about JAWS causing computer lock ups.

Manythanks.