Re: JAWS with MSN Messenger

  • From: matthew Dyer <mdyer1@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 22:45:12 -0400

Well I will tell you that msn 7 will not work with jfw 6.2. I do have a problem in wich some of my messages that I either type or is received is not read. It seems to work fine for 3 or so messages, but then it just says blank. I have been dealing with this for a while. If someone could help with this problem please let me know on or off list.

Matthew

At 08:24 PM 7/30/2005, you wrote:
Hi everybody, I'm running JAWS professional 5.0.844. I had been running MSN Messenger 6.2 and everything had been working fine, and then I bought a new PC, and when I tried to install messenger 6.2 I got an update message, which said that unless I updated to 7.0 I couldn't run Messenger. I went ahead accordingly and installed messenger 7, only to find that Jaws wouldn't access it. It'll read the menus, but if anyone types a message to me I can't read it, and I can't send a message as Jaws can't see either the text I type nor the send button.
I contacted MSN Messenger support, but they've been no help at all. They cite microsoft security issues as the reason I can't run an earlier version, and on the jaws access issue they said that it was a freedom scientific problem.
Subsequently msn messenger support contacted freedom scientific, and were told that MSN messenger 7 would be supported by JAWS 7. What concerns me is that, given that we're still quite a way from JAWS 7 that by the time it's released MSN messenger will likewise have updated, and the new version won't be supported.
My only way of using MSN messenger currently is for voice conversations. For text conversations I'm using windows messenger.
Has anyone had a similar problem, and if so do they or anyone know of any work arounds for it?
Thanks,
John.

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.

if you want to chat with me you can use msn at matthewdyer483@xxxxxxx