RE: JAWS strange behaviors

  • From: Rose Combs <rosecombs@xxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 12:05:10 -0700

Might be a stuck key on your keyboard.

Rose Combs

rosecombs@xxxxx

From: jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Peter Holdstock
Sent: Saturday, November 27, 2010 10:26 AM
To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: JAWS strange behaviours

Hi all, I did email about this a week or so back but either didn’t get any
response or missed them.

I’m not sure if this is caused by JAWS or not, but I have tried JAWS 11 and 12
running on an Intel I5 processor, 4GB RAM and Windows 7 64bit.

Even without any intervention from myself JAWS says that it’s gone in to a
context menu, or changed windows or gone on to the desktop. Often I find I
can’t do anything i.e. switch to different windows or the desktop. The only key
which seems to have any affect is the INSERT F10 keystroke to bring up a list
of windows. I’m occasionally finding that JAWS also won’t read context menus. A
restart of JAWS usually fixes it but on occasions I can’t get to the start menu
or run dialogue to rstart JAWS.

This is a brand new computer. I even resorted to completely reinstalling
windows and starting a fresh and still the same problem before I’ve even
installed any other applications other than JAWS.

Any help appreciated as it’s starting to get a bit much. Problem is I don’t
even know if it is a JAWS issue. I’m running Microsoft Security Essentials and
am pretty certain it’s not virus or malware related. The only thing I can think
which is different to previous PCs I’ve had is the 64bit operating system and
where possible 64bit versions of my applications.

Thanks

Peter