Re: JAWS speech synthesizers

  • From: Tom Tillo <tomtillo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 20:01:36 +0530

Thanks for your reply Alan ...

You right . Am writing the software to read out some words . My VI friend
uses JAWS already. So I was thinking if I could use the speech systhesiser
used by JAWS ( either Eloquence / SAPI5 ) to spell out the words ( invoking
it from the program ).

Its a program to test their spelling abilities . ( Initially I was thinking
of playing an audio file of a word and making them type the word .. But on
second thoughts, that would  be a bulky program to add the audio files along
, instead, if I could just make the program read these words from a text
file ( not shown to the VI user )  through the JAWS speech sysnthesizer ,
that would be easier .. Here is the flow ..

program reads the word --> program talks word --> user enters the word -->
program checks the spelling.
Any thoughts ?

Thanks
Tom