JAWS slows down in Microsoft Word Standard 2003

  • From: "DJ" <grouloc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawslite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 22:22:59 -0400

The subject line tells part of the story.  At first, JAWS is very responsive
while typing and reading.  After about five minutes I notice a bit of
lacking in response time.  After ten or fifteen minutes, JAWS doesn't say
anything for about two or three seconds after typing a letter.  Sometimes
the wait is longer than that.  Any ideas as to how to correct this?  I've
seen this on one other computer but didn't  attempt to address it because I
didn't have time.  By the way, all other apps are shut down and no scans of
any kind are happening at the time.  Thanks.

DJ