Re: JAWS reading OE inbox

  • From: "Steve" <k8sp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 16:03:31 -0500

Terri,

If Jack's suggestion doesn't solve the problem, then try the following: from
your Inbox, go to the views menu and select Columns.

You will have a list of items such as from, sender, received, attachment,
subject, priority, etc.

Now, in my version of JFW, it doesn't tell me if these items are checked or
not.  But, the way you can tell is that if an item is checked, when you tab
through you will see a hide button.  This means the item will be displayed
unless you activate the Hide Button.  Conversely, if an item is not checked,
when you tab through you'll see the show button.  So, go through the list of
items and display only those which you want to view in your inbox display of
messages.

If you highlight an item, you can tab and see a few different options.  These
options will vary slightly as follows:

(1)  The top item in the list will only have a "mode down" button.  This is
because it is already at the top.  The bottom item will only have a move=up
button; the others will have both.  You can move an item up or down to change
the order in which OE displays the field in the inbox.  For example, I have
attachment listed at the top, then from, then subject.

Now, after you have selected which fields you want to display and set their
order, you can tab over to the pixels field and set the width of each item.  I
generally set the attachment indicator at 50 pixels, the from item at 200, and
the subject at around 600 pixels.  There is only a certain width available, so
the more items you've elected to display, the more total pixel area will be
consumed.

Hope this helps,

Steve
Lansing, MI