Re: JAWS quit working with sound card..

  • From: "Sean McMahon" <smcmahon@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 15:02:11 -0700

Did you unplug something?  Sounds stupid but that's the first thing to check.
What operating system do you have?  There's a box under the sounds properties of
the control pannel which says use only prefered devices check that.  Make sure
the volume on your sound isn't muted.  These are simple things which you've
probably done but there good to check.  If they're all working scann for viruses
sinse this happened while reading an email, maybe something came from an email.
After removing viruses, if there is no sound from any application then try
re-installing your sound drivers.  I'm assuming you have an external synth to
use go with that then fix the soundcard when time permits.