Re: JAWS question for a friend

  • From: "Dave Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 13:57:24 -0700

Ted,

With regard using the OEM versions, I follow your lead. I still use an OEM
version of Nero that I found to be much more accessible with JAWS than later
versions, and it works very well. So why change?  Wouldn't it be possible to
keep the install executables of these "favorite" OEM programs to use on a
new system? Of course I'm making a naive assumption that they would even run
on a new OS.

As far as JAWS 12 being the last to officially support XP, I would think
that version 13 would still work on an XP machine, but that it would not
have any enhancements or fixes specific to XP. Again maybe I'm being naive,
or just becoming senile.

Dave